Tuesday, July 15, 2008

It's me

I haven't posted in awhile and just wanted to check in. We had a fun Fourth of July in Provo but I didn't take any pictures. Somehow I feel guilty about it and had to confess. Sometimes. . .a lot of the time, I would just rather enjoy the moment than document it.

We've been enjoying the summer in our shady backyard, eating fresh peas out of the garden and swinging or jumping on the tramp. The deer have been enjoying our shady backyard as well. We've seen them a few times in the field behind us but one Sunday afternoon a three-point buck actually jumped the fence and just hung out on the grass for about an hour. Then he started snacking on my columbines and apple tree and I told Brad he had to go.

Annelise has discovered a new neighbor boy and they have been inseparable for the past few weeks. The other day, while we were gone to the library, he left an offering on the front porch. . .the picture he'd drawn in primary. Touching.

Katie is sleeping through the night! She is still three and quite the test of our patience, but she seems much happier. She skips around and sings constantly. I think the surgery was the right thing to do.

Caleb is perhaps the cutest baby boy. . . ever. A baby is good for a home, I think. He is always making us laugh.

Brad is going to be changing jobs in the next month and so we have been reevaluating. He might stay working on the same project, doing his same job just for a different company, but that would mean commuting to West Valley. He's been looking into other options too and it's all rather time consuming and stressful. Brad's family was nice enough to let us have a break last week and they watched the kids all day and night while we let loose and went to Lagoon. So much fun and then we got to sleep in. Lovely.

Hope you're all doing well.

1 comment:

blog_meg said...

They were a huge help for us in Nauvoo, too! I wish we lived closer!