Monday, June 8, 2009
It was bound to happen. . .
My princess, girly-girl chopped the front of her hair off. She ran up to me excitedly when I came out of the house from making dinner to check on her and said, "Mom, look! I cut my hair because I know how!" I gave her a trim the other day and I guess she felt that was all the training she needed. Poor girl. Only, she doesn't care as much as I do. I'm in mourning. I took her into to see if a stylist could salvage something and it is all so short now. I know it will grow back eventually, but the kids around her keep telling her she looks like a boy. After church she went to the bathroom and put on her green hooded towl and said, "maybe this can be my hair." I feel like laughing and crying at the same time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
That is a fear of mine with Ally. We have been lucky so far. Remember it will grow back and it seems she doesn't care too much. I hope those kids at church stop saying mean things. That would make me the most mad.
No way! Oh that is funny and sad. I am sure she still looks darling. Maybe you could have her wear lots of headbands and flower or bow clips while it is growing out.
Oh, I am so sorry! I need to see a picture. Hailee is past that stage but I still have fear that Makenna might get ideas. I would cry!
Isn't it inevitable that all little girls will eventually try to cut their own hair? I did it when I was 22 and almost done with my mission. I was convinced that I could make my terrible haircut better...but instead just made it look like a terrible haircut with a weird ledge in front. At least Katie is young and has an excuse. :)
Lindsey did it last year when one of her friends was over. I am just so glad she didn't cut her friends hair, then I would have felt even worse. I found that hot rollers were my friend for doing Lindsey's hair for several months. The curl hid the chop pretty well. How short is it?
Post a Comment