Monday, September 27, 2010

Summer

It came, and it went, and we loved it.  At the beginning of the summer, I remember wondering what I was going to do with the kids all day.  So, we signed up for some community sports- kickball for Katie and coachpitch for Annie, did two sessions of swimming lessons in Provo for all three bambinos, bought some rollerblades for Ann and Kate- which turned into their summertime passion, went on a few family reunion vactions (Park City and Zions), and all was busy and fun.  I took absolutely no pictures.  Fortunately, Brad pulled out his iphone at opportune moments and I have some documentation of the summer.

Here's Caleb at the Father/Son campout.  I don't think he'll ever get over how much he loved it.  

I don't think I'll ever get over what a little pixie Annie was out there playing the rough and tough softball game.  Here she is taking a turn at catcher. 

 Me and Kate at the Anderson family reunion up in Park City.  Katie was a little nervous about the slide.

Dad and Caleb getting ready to slide.

Ann was absolutely fearless on the slide.


So, we had the Wilkins family reunion at Zion's this year.  I got to plan it.  This picture of Caleb and Addie at dinner about sums it up.  We played hard and stayed up late and squeezed out every minute with each other.  

Hiking the Narrows in Zion.

Swimming at the end of the Narrows hike.

Minute to win it games. . .everyone was a good sport about it all.  Even the vaseline on the nose boys.

 Tickle test with Grandpa.
 We tried a new hike at the end of the summer in Payson canyon. 
 

3 comments:

Jen said...

Wow! Your kids are looking so grown up, Rachel! Looks and sounds like you had a great summer!

Margaret said...

Thanks for sharing. I love it!

Amy Price said...

Such fun memories! I love the pictures of the family reunion (esp. the "tickle test" with Grandpa). Would you send me those? Also, your new family picture is so cute! Do you have others to go with it? I would love to see them.
Love you!