For those of you who know and love Brad, here's a little update on his life . . . from my perspective.
Brad had a great birthday yesterday. He just loved, loved, loved it. Mostly, because he has such a wonderful wife. The girls and I had fun making him a cake and decorating the house with streamers and a sign. Mom and Dad are Super Grandparents (they come to soccer games, Primary Programs, babysit) and came over to our house to play with the kids and put them to bed while Brad and I went to the temple.
When we got home, Brad got a little birthday surprise when a bird flew in our house as we were saying goodbye to Mom and Dad. Wait, I was the one that always wanted a bird. Well, happy birthday Brad, we got to spend the rest of the night until midnight cleaning up blood and feathers from the ceiling, couches, walls, mirrors, windows, floor. What a mess. That crazy bird kept bopping its head on the ceiling until it was wounded and bleeding as it frantically flew around but never could find its way out through all the doors we opened up. Brad, in his suit, finally caught the bird in a big plastic sack and took him outside. I wasn't much help running around the house screaming as the bird flew near me so I had gone downstairs to get someone more mature--Jon-- when Brad finally caught the crazy thing.
Brad leaves for a conference in Georgia next week and will be gone Mon- Fri. I think we'll be fine. At least I'm to the point where I don't start panicking that I'm going to be alone with three babies every time Brad walks out the door to work or YMs these days.
Brad's recently acquired company (Dynamic City now Packet Front) went through some "restructuring" last week so it's been kind of a serious, sad time too as one of Brad's favorite mentors and one of his good friends were let go. Also, a lot of change for Brad as he now works in a different department and reports to different managers etc. Crazy stuff. Brad's optimistic and working even harder to make the company and the Utopia project they're working on here in Utah a success, so, he seems to be doing okay with it all.
4 comments:
I love that picture of your family, Rach. You all look great and casual and fun. Also, Happy Birthday to Brad!
How is your week going without Brad? I can't believe that Bird story. What a mess to clean up! Hope your week is going well!
so basically you need a new model, a fresh face, some one new, how about a girl about 17 years old she MUST be gorgeous!! and maybe related. hmmm oh i've got a brilliant idea!!! someone perfect for the job!!
*Chellyn*
That bird thing is out of control! I would have died! You guys DO look great! Happy Birthday to Brad!!! :o)
Post a Comment