Wednesday, February 6, 2008
To Boat and not to Vote
Brad and I bundled up all three of our babies and headed to the polls last night. We told ourselves we would be showing them such a good example by taking them and it would just be a quick in and out, right? Nooooo. While we waited in the first of two large lines, two-year-old Katie looked up at me and asked, "What are we doing?" "We have to wait in line to vote," I told her, and she seemed satisfied with that answer. Finally, I decided we weren't THAT patriotic. I told Katie we were leaving and to my surprise she offered resistance. She stamped her foot and said, "No! I want to boat!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
What a cute response! It's too bad that the state reduced the places to vote from about 100 to under 60! Their estimate of a low turnout was completely off! I ran in with my oldest during a small window of opportunity (without the other 3 kids) and was shocked at the masses of people waiting in line. We couldn't stay to "boat" either.
Post a Comment