I think it has something to do with being close in age and of the same gender but my girls are so competitive with each other. Usually, it is a lot harder on Katie who is the younger one and just can't do all of the same things as Annie like go to preschool, ride a big bike, or go to a friend's house. We've been working through it and the girls have been better at playing together lately though and it is so fun to watch and observe their interactions. They really love each other and are learning how to work out their disagreements.
Often as I'm living in the back of my head I will be replaying phrases like how there are "times and seasons" of our lives and how we can't sing/play the whole song of our lives at once from Elder Faust. Or one from Sister Beck's recent CES fireside, "You cannot have everything and do everything. You must choose with eternal priorities in mind. There are no glamorous careers." Or one of my favorites, "Wherever you are, be there!" from my sister Beth's mission president's wife. Be there. Be present in the present; in the moment; in the season. When you are rocking your baby, be there. When you are playing ring around the rosies, be there. Enjoy it. Enjoy now. (Although there are moments, perhaps when I am cleaning up a potty mess, when I try not to "be there" quite so much.) I have to think that laughing with my babies, listening to them, helping them learn to share and work through their feelings and disagreements will matter in the end. Even though these things all happen in millions of little moments that no one recognizes but me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You are my inspiration!
Good and wise thoughts, Rachel! Thanks! I needed that today.
Love you,
Amy
Post a Comment