Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Savvy Shopper

I am becoming quite the savvy shopper. I never was one to be that on top of details. All this finding and then shopping the sales was so time consuming and overwhelming, I kind of didn't try to get a handle on it. When is something on a good sale? Why, when it says "power price" on the florescent orange sign below it, of course. Besides, I really have never liked buying large quantities of anything. How much will we eat and how fast? I didn't pay that much attention.

But, as I've made a push to get our food storage in order and was researching different options. . .namely freeze dried. . .I stumbled across this blog and website and this was it. I'd always wanted to have a grocery store in the basement pantry like my in-laws super deluxe one. That idea of food storage (stocking up on what you normally eat and would naturally rotate) always sat well with me but how was I to know how much of something we would eat and when it was on a great sale? Well, now I know. If you're in Utah and need someone to spell out weekly what is selling for a great price and where and how much you should buy for a year's supply (roughly), check this website and blog out. Loving it. Now I stock up with confidence, price match with ease, and grocery shopping is fun.

Enjoy!

www.myfoodstoragedeals.com
www.myfoodstoragedeals.blogspot.com

4 comments:

Harmers said...

Which grocery stores do they keep tabs on? How much is the monthly membership charge? Have you found that it is worth it?

Rachel said...

They keep tabs on Albertsons, Smiths, Maceys, Reams, and Harmons. I don't usually go to all those stores but just price match at Walmart because it is so close. The monthly membership is 4 dollars. Yeah, it's worth it. I wouldn't have paid that much attention to what is on sale to really go after and stock up on the "red hot" deals. And I think it's not that much to pay for the time it saves each week researching and comparing prices. It's a good business model for her too because the more people who sign up, the more money she makes but she doesn't have to do any more work. Wish I'd thought of it. She also has a deluxe plan that is a meal planner for each week which incorporates the food on sale and helps you rotate the food you are storing. But I just did the basic plan. I mostly signed up because I wanted some help getting my food storage. Don't you already have yours with the freeze dried?

Maurine said...

I hate price matching. I don't know why, but it makes me feel silly...go you though. This seems like a good program. As soon as I have a dwelling that has room to store extra food, and I am living in Utah count me in. Pretty much those things may never align. Shucks!

Shandra said...

Thanks Rachel for the post! If any of your friends and family want to try our service for free, they can enter the promo code FREE TRIAL when signing up (no contracts) and try it for 2 weeks free.

Thanks again for helping us spread the word :)

Shandra
www.myfoodstoragedeals.com