Sunday, December 28, 2008
I'm a mom
I'm not sure how this statement captures what I do or who I am but it's what I said I ran into a former classmate from my Humanities London study abroad semester who was visiting my ward today. We figured out how we knew each other and she filled me in on where she was and what she was doing now-- almost ten years later. After chatting a bit about her career, she asked me, "so, what are you doing?" "I'm a mom!" I answered in what I hoped was a cheery voice because I felt like that was so flat and inadequate to describe what I do and who I am now. It's not that I'm sad at all about what I'm doing, it's just that how does that statement really express what my life is? Anyone can be a mom. So many people do it and while each woman's experience is in some ways the same it's also entirely unique. I think the thing I struggle with the most is that I feel like no one knows me. I'm a stay-at-home mom and that is as far as the getting-to-know-you goes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment