So, while I recognize that a toddlers emerging ability to communicate is not always pleasant, I think it's also simply delightful to get a glimpse into what is going on inside their heads. Caleb has been so much more expressive lately with telegraph speech, I think it is called. After Brad left for work yesterday and I was changing Caleb's diaper, Caleb told me what he was thinking, "Daddy work. Me home. Ohhhhh. Daddy miss me." I sent Caleb downstairs to get Brad tonight and he pretty clearly communicated the message, "Daddy outside. With me. Mommy say." It's fun that he is singing our goodnight songs with me. I love to hear him pray.
Sometimes I wonder if I should be doing more STUFF. More busyness. And then I think of all the subtle moments I enjoy because I'm not too busy. I hear--my children, my husband, the Spirit-- when I let myself be less busy. Yeah, I'm sure I could fit more stuff in my life but I would miss relaxing on the couch with my husband after the kids are all in bed. I would miss having the time and presence of mind to enjoy my children's giggles. Reading a book for pleasure. Studying, pondering. Having a thought to call a neighbor. I would miss it if I was too busy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That's a good place to be in mentally...glad you can enjoy the journey! Mom
I have been listening to a fab book on tape in the car the last little while. It talks about eliminating the inclination to be "super mom" and other good things to be reminded about the importance of mothering and supporting mothers around us. It is called "I am a Mother" by Jane Clayson Johnson. If you haven't read it I could lend you the tapes. You would love it.
Post a Comment