Friday, May 29, 2009

Caleb's Two-year-old photo shoot

I think I mentioned with Annie's pictures in the orchard that this year I decided to give my best photographic efforts to my children rather than the laziness I've exhibited in the past never taking them anywhere or trying very hard to take their pictures. Now I've made taking their picture into a mommy-kid date. I make sure to just have me and them alone. One-on-one time. The kids enjoy it and I enjoy it. Katie-- who hasn't had her photo shoot for the year yet-- frequently brings up how she wants me to take her picture and talks about what we are going to do for her photo shoot. That's right. Make them feel like it is a special treat and privilege.

So, here is what I did with Ca-bub this year. His Grandma Wilkins gave him a My Big Truck Book for his b-day and he has carried it around with him ever since. We read it multiple times a day. I loved the size and bright colors.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

4 comments:

Bethany said...

Caleb is so adorable! He's little Wilkins with Brad's chin...and your pictures are amazing!

Maurine said...

I love the pictures. Caleb looks so cute. Did you do those upstairs in your house? The lighting looks great.

Jen said...

What a cute idea, Rachel!

Nettina said...

He is adorable and looks like such a Wilkins!