Monday, September 8, 2008

Little Miss Independence

Photobucket

My just barely turned three-year-old started preschool last week. It always seems whenever I go to let them go, I realized how young they still are. She's still just my baby. I thought this little sweetie would have a hard time going by herself to preschool but her first morning as I was fixing the girls hair, Katie announced, "I'm going all by myself. No one is coming with me!" And then pointing to each of us in turn, she looked us in the eyes and said, "not you, not you, and not you." Well, little miss independence. Preschool is her thing and she is owning it! It's been so good for her to have her own school and her own teacher.

Photobucket

Photobucket

3 comments:

Brooke said...

Wow you daring Mom! Katie looks SO excited and bursting. I am so glad she gets something all her own in going to preschool. Beautiful pictures.

Harmers said...

You don't have blue carpet. Can we do a photo shoot in October when I come up? Amy is luring me up the middle of October. What should my kids wear?

Rachel said...

Hmm. I guess the carpet does look a little blueish. That is probably some post-processing and some because the light coming in through the door was a bluer light from the shady front porch. Anyhoo, YESS! Let's have some fun and take pictures. I'll call you and we can plan details.