Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Confessions of a Squeamish Gardner

I went out and harvested some fresh lettuce for my lunch today. I haven't had a very successful garden this year, which is sad, because I've really been trying. But, I've been watering faithfully and some lettuce is finally thriving. I washed it really well and then spun it in my salad spinner. . .really well. I loaded up my plate (I'm all about greens, you know), put some dressing on and was so excited to taste those tender, organic greens that I'd grown. I started cutting up the lettuce on my plate, and then, I noticed a little garden spider limping away. My stomach dropped and so did my appetite. Poor little thing just limping, trying to get away off my plate. I put him back outside, although he'll probably die. I think I chopped a leg, or two. . . or three. I just couldn't bring myself to eat that salad. A little too fresh for me.

1 comment:

Bethany said...

I think you need to post some pictures of your baby!!!!!!