Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Trying


So, all I ever do is post pictures. Hmmm. Well, you see, I was trying to practice using the Manual Mode on my camera--ambitious, aren't I? It didn't go so well. We'll try again another day. Or I could give it all up and pay someone who is already fabulous to take pictures of my babies. Tempting.

Lately, I've been all-consumed trying to decide about a preschool for Annie. I really had worked on this months ago and thought I'd made a good choice but I was so disappointed with the teacher as things started going and then I scrambled and found a new one that Annie went to twice but for 100 dollars a month/ two days a week it was so unimpressive. I've been calling around and visiting schools like crazy but most things are full or 260 dollars a month or in a dingy, dark basement.

Am I just picky (yes, I know I am) or are we lacking around here? Anyway, now I feel like a slacker mom and like Annie is going to be in the remedial reading group, and be emotionally scarred for life. . . . . (you can see where this is headed.) I've thought about just working with her at home but when I mentioned this to two neighbor moms today they stared at me in horror and I felt like I was in the movie "Baby Boom". . . you know, when she is talking with the prep school moms at the sandbox? What to do. Wish me luck.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Kristi said...

I don't know what you are talking about. These pictures are darling!

Brooke said...

Rachel, seriously these pictures look great. You took them on manual mode?! Wow, you are progressing, and I love how you are always learning and experimenting with your camera!

brook said...

Rachel,

LOVE those last two picture of Caleb and Annie. So clean and simple. Adorable!

Isabelle said...

I know how you feel about the preschool thing! It's so hard to find the right school for your child and education is so important to me that I often feel that if I pay someone to do this, they better do a good job. Anyway, it's worth it to keep on researching. Don't give up! Also I personally don't have the patience to home school but I think balancing formal school with some home schooling helps fills in the gaps.