
You can tell by the look on her face how thrilled Annie is on her first day of Kindergarten. She appeared by Brad's bedside at 7am dressed and with her backpack on. This day has been a long awaited one for her. We ate breakfast and did her hair and then stretched out picture taking but that all only lasted until 8:15am or so. So, despite my wanting to drive her to her first day of school, Brad encouraged me to let her take the bus, which she was simply ecstatic about.
Well, I can tell you right now, Caleb, Katie and I here at home missed Ann a whole heap more than she missed us. She is just such a lively soul and does so much to entertain her little sister and brother and help me be happy too.

Off to the bus stop.

Coming home the bus was a whole 40 min late- it felt a little longer than that to me and Katie. So, the expression on Annelise's face is her "cool" "nonchalant" face. (Yes, boys are better at this than girls.) She knows I'm taking pictures and is so proud of herself for being so grown up.

It felt like the longest day ever though with our early get-up-and-go start and then Annie also had her first soccer game that night at 7:30pm. A little bit late for the sleep nazi in me. After I helped Ann get dressed for her game, she and Katie put together an almost identical soccer outfit for Katie to wear to the game in hopes that Kate could sneak her way onto the team. It wasn't successful, however, which lead to tears for Kate. I tried to get my camera out fast enough to capture Annie giving Katie the biggest hug as they realized their plan wouldn't work. I got the end of it. These sisters love each other.

It was a great game though. Annie scored two goals-- more than all of last season in one game. There is a difference between four and five-year-olds. Katie, Caleb and I had fun cheering her on. And, while I didn't get any pictures of her goals, I did get this shot as I was leaving for my meeting and tag teaming with Brad who had just arrived from Scouts. It is of her standing and clapping and cheering on her teammates on the field. "Go Red!" She was shouting. I think I may be more proud of her for that than the goals.

So, yeah. After today, I am sad to see her go, but I'm even happier to see her grow. That's what she came for.
7 comments:
Holy cow!! Could you be the mom of my kids? Not only are my kids not as well represented in their photographs, they also are not as well represented in the words I write about them. You are amazing!! Can I take a class?
I love that first picture of Annie! She's so beautiful and it really captures her excitement! What a great girl she is! You're a great mom!
I completely adore this post!!! And someday the kiddos will, too!
Rachel, I've been "blog-stalking" you guys from time to time and just love the picture on your blog. This time your picture of Annie was so cute I just couldn't resist commenting. You, Brad and the kids look great, they're all growing up! Hope you're doing well.
Rachel I can't believe you are old enough to have a kid in Kindergarten. How fun! I'm so glad you posted this memory. Are you so excited to have Grandma right by? I am! XOXO
gorgeous pictures, and such a cute girl to love school so much! i hope my kiddos do well going to school too. if nursery is a pre-cursor to how claire will act, it's going to be messy! :o)
Wahoo for school. I am sure it was a great day! Addie was so excited to see those pictures of her cousins. We miss you guys!
Post a Comment